Protecting your teeth against cavities begins with every material you place in your mouth, most specifically the foods you eat every day. Cavity prevention begins with healthy eating habits. Create an improved oral health identity with cavity prevention. If your oral health care requires cavity prevention, remember the following:
– Stick to flossing between your teeth to remove any plaque buildup or food residue that brushing alone cannot reach.
– Use cleaning devices that have been recommended or approved by your dentist, or those that feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Try to brush your teeth at least twice every day.
– Be sure to schedule at least 2 professional cleanings with your dentist every year.
– Avoid sugary foods and drinks that can be converted into harmful acids that cause dental erosion.
– Stay away from products that can crack your teeth, such as hard candies, or products that stick around your mouth for too long, such as sticky and gummy sweets.
If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your possible cavity treatment with Dr. Brent Hawkins and our team at Hawkins Dental Group, please call 806-353-4361 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Amarillo, Texas. With the help of our team, the pathway to a better smile can be yours.